The Marshall Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit organization that is committed to helping promote business and to help our community grow and prosper. The Marshall Chamber intern will be reasonable for projects designed to enhance our investor’s satisfaction and engagement.
- Works closely with management to provide recommendations on how to merge latest technology to marketing goals, objectives, plans and strategies.
- Maintain and create, edit and coordinate content for websites and take into account search engine optimization strategies.
- Assist with email marketing.
- Maintenance and assist in creation of content and calendar for posts for Marshall Area Chamber of Commerce social media channels.
- Assist with creating press releases for Chamber benefits, events and website
- Assist with maintaining event calendars
- Assist with PR plan for events
- Other duties as necessary.
- Experience with social media channels, specifically LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest
- Demonstrated oral communication, public speaking and strong writing skills.
- Public relations and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Physical agility to distribute tourism information, set-up displays and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Willingness to learn new processes
- Some evening and weekend work required.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Previous digital marketing, social media marketing
- Marketing/sales experience.
- Customer relations experience
College student or recent college graduate. Preferred majors are public relations, communications, marketing or journalism.
This is an unpaid internship for 12 weeks, beginning in May and ending in August. This position is 10 hours a week; the schedule is flexible and can be negotiated. Marshall Chamber of Commerce business hours are Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm. Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com by April 30, 2018.